Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bake sales... as promised!

I just had a bake sale this past Saturday (my next one is July 17 at Walmart in Lowville) and made almost $230! Most of my bake sales have been about $210 or more and I think that's a good chunk of money.

It always makes me feel so good when I have fundraisers because I get to see all of the wonderful people there are out in the world. I mean, I never realized how generous people are. Many have just given me money and don't take anything I'm selling just because they want me to go and have adventures. I feel so blessed to have so many people supporting me, even strangers. They just want me to experience life and I feel like there are no words to thank them for their generosity.

Some people have interesting stories to tell me of their endeavors in Italy and some just offer advice, like not to allow Italian boys to sweet talk me or that I have to laugh at my mistakes while I'm over there, because Lord knows, I will be making plenty! One comical man flat out told me what I was going to be doing over there - "getting drunk". He could not believe that I was going over to study and learn, but simply said I was just going over to get drunk. I laughed about that for awhile.

Summer school starts in exactly a week - ugh. But I think of it as just six weeks until I am completely finished with high school. Of course there is the school in Italy, but every school is different so I'm hoping school there will be a completely new experience.

I've been labeling things around the house in Italian - mom doesn't like that too much, haha. I have to learn somehow though! I literally can not fall asleep at night because I'm thinking about all the Italian I have to learn. I just have to tell myself "Olivia, there is no way you are going to learn all Italian in 2 months, just sleep". Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't - ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment