Monday, August 2, 2010

Stove for Sale! Stove for Sale!

Hello all!

Things are going well. I just finished cleaning up and old 1920's Kalamazoo stove that I'm trying to sell. It's a little rusty and has a few dings in it, but overall it looks pretty good compared to when I first got it. We weren't able to try a fire in it because we don't have the right kind of pipe (it needs and oval attachment) so I'm not too sure if it works well or not. So if any of you are interested, just let me know!


I just recently had a chicken BBQ. I'm afraid it didn't go as well as hoped. At my last BBQ I made about $630 but at this one only about $430. So that will be the last of the BBQ's. I have one more bake sale to do August 14th at Wal-Mart and then I think that will be all for the fundraising, or at least until I sell that stove (fingers crossed).

It looks like I finally made it. Summer school is already half over with only two more weeks to go. It's been pretty easy so far, but government is a pain. I have to do all these things that are just annoying like attend two town meetings (and take notes, get signatures, ask questions, and do a write up for each one), three hours of community service, a big policy paper and I could go on and on. But who am I to complain? At least I don't have to take it for 20 weeks instead - hallelujah.

I have all my visa documents ready, of which I can do ahead of time anyway. I have to wait for AFS to send me everything else that I need and it's killing me. I just want to have everything now, apply for my visa, and be done with it. But soon enough, soon enough. There's only 36 more days until I leave. I still can't believe this is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment